Direct Selling Australia announced winners of the 2020 DSA Industry Awards at the first-ever virtual ceremony, attended by industry leaders and peers.
The awards recognize the achievements of member companies that are transforming the lives of those seeking flexible and meaningful ways to earn an income.
“The awards aim to empower independent direct sellers, fuel business processes and make our world a better place,” said Gill Stapleton, CEO of Direct Selling Australia. “The awards have one thing in common: they promote direct selling as a business channel that helps create better lives.”
Categories for the 2020 DSA Industry Awards included:
- Partner Award: The winner was The Events Authority for their ongoing service to the industry, producing a measurable impact on the growth and development of an active DSA member company. The Events Authority has a long-standing relationship with Nutrimetics, PartyLite, Mannatech, Herbalife Nutrition, Arbonne, Norwex, Scentsy and Isagenix.
- Distributor of the Year Award: The winner was Penny Inches, PartyLite Regional Leader, for embodying the principles of the DSA Code of Practice while building a successful business. As a result of the pandemic, Inches recognized the traditional direct selling model would not work due to travel restrictions and pivoted to connecting electronically, teaching her team how to run digital parties and to thrive online.
- Product Award: The winner was LeRêve for describing a specific product that empowered and energized the sales field into action. The Bio-Scientific Skincare collection created excitement and helped distributors grow their business. LeRêve developed a natural skincare collection that could compete with the best international brands. Through utilizing local talent and resources they produced 10 high-quality, all-natural, products which ’ticked all the boxes’.
- Story Award: The winner was Isagenix for demonstrating excellence and creativity in effective Australian marketing to key field people for their #StayHomeStayHealthy campaign. For world leaders and civilians alike, March 2020 brought unchartered territory. With a pandemic sweeping the globe came a new normal for individuals and businesses. Isagenix created online workshops, product spotlights and limited edition launches, virtual events and business training.
- Custodian Award: The winner was Norwex for dedicating themselves to achieving a high standard of excellence in embracing sustainability throughout its business. Norwex dedicates themselves every day to achieve a high level of excellence in embracing sustainability. In fact, sustainable practices and products are what make up the backbone of this company. Their mission is to improve quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes.
- Giver Award: The winner was Herbalife Nutrition for providing a measurable impact on the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation. Herbalife Nutrition Foundation (HNF) is the philanthropic arm of Herbalife Nutrition. HNF is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving children’s lives by helping provide nutrition programs to vulnerable children. In Australia, HNF supports five Casa Partners: The Infants’ Home in NSW, Sunshine Butterflies in QLD, Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation in WA, Power Community Limited in SA and Lighthouse Foundation in VIC.
“I am impressed by the level of innovation and creativity demonstrated by the 2020 DSA Industry Awards winners. On behalf of the Association, I would like to congratulate this year’s winners on their outstanding achievement,” said Gill.
Direct Selling Australia has been the leading representative body for direct selling in Australian retail for more than 50 years. It represents and supports more than 50 direct selling companies.