Amway Board of Directors Co-Chairman Doug DeVos was recently awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA) for his legacy of service within the direct selling channel.
DeVos has been an active participant in the WFDSA since he was 14 years old and attended the meetings with his father, Amway Co-Founder Rich DeVos. Since then, Doug has served the WFDSA and the U.S. DSA in a number of capacities:
- WFDSA Vice Chairman (2017-2020)
- WFDSA Chairman (2014 – 2017)
- WFDSA Treasurer (2011-2014)
- WFDSA Vice Chairman (2008-2011)
- WFDSA Advocacy Chair (2005-2008)
- U.S. Direct Selling Association Chairman (2003-2004) and the Direct Selling Education Foundation Chairman, in addition to other leadership roles with both organizations
- U.S. Direct Selling Association Hall of Fame and Direct Selling Education Foundation’s Circle of Honor Award
“I’m grateful to have the opportunity to work with so many special people who are part of this industry who I deeply respect,” DeVos said. “As we look at the marketplace today and all that we’ve gone through, our industry remains strong. We can keep moving forward, adapting to market forces, be successful, and offer tremendous opportunity to people, together. I have a great appreciation for all that have gone before me, and I’m honored to receive this award.”
Other DeVos family members, including Doug’s father Rich and brother Dick, have also received this Lifetime Achievement Award.
“What an amazing lifetime achievement for Doug!” said Amway CEO Milind Pant. “He is a guru for me, and a whole generation of leaders across Amway and across the entire direct selling industry. His huge heart for entrepreneurship, and the inclusive opportunity that this industry offers, is truly inspiring.”