Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) recently reported net sales of $1.2 billion for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Net sales decreased 3.5 percent compared to the second quarter 2018. Excluding China, net sales increased 5.4 percent compared to the second quarter 2018 with growth in eight of the company’s top ten countries.
“Our performance demonstrates the strength of our geographic diversity as this was the company’s second largest quarter in history, despite the challenges in China,” said Michael O. Johnson, chairman and CEO of Herbalife Nutrition.
Regionally, net sales were up in four of six areas:
- Sales in Asia Pacific were $299.6 million, up 18.4% from 2018
- Sales in North America $278.3 million, up 6% from 2018
- Sales in EMEA were $262.9, up 1.1% from 2018
- Sales in Mexico were $121.2 million, up 2.5% from 2018
- Sales in China were $187.0 million, down 34.8% from 2018
- Sales in South and Central America were $91.1 million, down 13.2% from 2018
To read the full Herbalife Q2 2019 financial report, click here.