Natura &Co announced to its shareholders and the market in general the successful closing of its public follow-on offering.
The offering was for primary distribution of 121,400,000 common shares in total, at the price per share of R$46.25 (US$16.4591 per ADS), resulting in an aggregate amount of R$5,614,750,000.00(corresponding to approximately US$1 billion), occurring simultaneously in Brazil and abroad, of which:
- 96,331,000 shares were distributed in Brazil, by means of a public offering with restricted placement efforts pursuant to CVM Ruling 476 of 2009, and
- 25,069,000 shares were distributed abroad, in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), represented by American Depositary Receipts, pursuant to an effective registration statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
This transaction increases the Group’s international shareholder base, with strong support from existing shareholders as well as new investors. It increases the liquidity of Natura &Co’s ADSs, allows the group to optimize its capital structure through deleveraging and enables key strategic investments that will accelerate growth over the next three years, primarily:
- The Avon integration and turnaround
- Digitalization of the business
- Geographic opportunities
- 2030 Commitment to Life agenda
Roberto Marques, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors and Group CEO, stated: “We are very pleased to have successfully completed this capital raise, which we believe attests to the strength and attractiveness of Natura &Co and the relevance of its strategy. Our share offering was the largest SEC-registered transaction by a consumer products business this year, and the largest-ever in the consumer space in Latin America. The capital increase will allow us to build on our current strong business momentum and accelerate our growth by advancing on our strategic priorities, while also optimizing our balance sheet.”