Young Living Essential Oils recently announced a six-part docuseries that tells the story of essential oil production.
Essential Oils of the Pacific was created by Young Living and CNN Philippines to highlight five farms located in the Philippines, Taiwan, Australia, and Hawaii.
The series focuses on the moral questions of large-scale farming, including fair wages, local economic growth, environmental sustainability and the exploitation of labor and resources. Young Living highlights the ways in which its company has implemented fair conditions and wages for workers and has ensured that both corporate and partner farms are following sustainable agricultural practices to protect the land.
Young Living cites its Seed to Seal® quality commitment as inspiration for the CNN documentary. The commitment requires potential farm partners to agree to a stringent vetting of process to ensure that the partner farms maintain their obligations to both the environment and their employees. The six-part series highlights the ethical decisions that give Young Living the ability to effect structural changes through partner accountability.
The series can be viewed via live stream globally during its premiere air dates by visiting cnnphilippines.com/videos.
- Happy Pili Tree Farm and Distillery, Philippines: Saturday, July 7, 8:30 p.m., PHT
- Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project, Hawaii: Saturday, August 3, 8:30 p.m., PHT
- Taiwan Cooperative Farm and Distillery, Taiwan: Saturday, September 7, 8:30 p.m., PHT
- Kalipay Coconut Farm, Philippines: Saturday, October 5, 8:30 p.m., PHT
- Gihndagun Farm, Australia: Saturday, November 2, 8:30 p.m., PHT
- Season Finale, Recap: Saturday, December 7, 8:30 p.m., PHT