2020 winners announced in several categories.
2020 was a record-breaking year for direct selling, and there is so much to celebrate! And celebrate we did at The DSN Global Celebration, held virtually on Monday, April 19, 2021. Awards and honors were revealed in several categories, including the Global 100 List, Bravo Awards, Direct Selling Legends and Best Places to Work.
It was an exciting night full of recognition and camaraderie hosted by DSN Founder & CEO Stuart Johnson, DSN Contributor and Lifetime Achievement Award Winner John Fleming and DSN Editor Patricia White. The Celebration was viewable to an audience of executives, employees and distributors around the world for free was made possible thanks to the generosity of over 50 sponsors.
A Night to Celebrate. A Night to Remember.
The Global Celebration truly is the biggest industry recognition event of the year. Direct Selling News recognized 64 companies for the Global 100 List, representing more than $64 billion dollars in revenue and $3B in growth.
The growth the channel experienced in 2020 is seamlessly carrying forward into 2021 as well. Over the past year, DSN has consistently surveyed a data set of 100 of the largest, privately held, domestic-based direct selling companies. During this time, we have analyzed their growth and reported on important trends and developments.
There is good news to report! The most recent survey found that 80 percent of the companies enjoyed very robust sales in March. And first quarter 2021 sales grew substantially over last year’s first quarter—some by as much as 100 percent! This kind of growth and momentum is incredibly exciting for each of us and the entire channel.
If you missed the Global Celebration broadcast, you can catch it on replay for a limited time. Congratulations to all the winners and honorees!
The Global 100
The most eagerly anticipated announcement at each year’s Global Celebration is undoubtedly the Global 100. This list determines the top direct selling companies in the world for 2020. Inclusion on the Global 100 List has become a point of much-deserved pride.
The List offers a unique perspective on the global impact of the industry by recognizing companies’ revenue achievements. Recognition for each of these companies is the culmination of months of research and the cooperation of many individuals around the world.
Wherever possible, the team at DSN seeks out public records and documents for publicly traded companies, and nearly 80 percent of the DSN Global 100 data is compiled from privately held companies.
You’ll notice that there are several private companies not represented on the list who chose not to report their financial data for 2020. And we respect their decision, yet they would have surpassed the minimum qualification of $100 million in annual revenue.
On this year’s list of 64 companies, a total of 18 grew by $100M or more between 2019 and 2020. Nine of the top 10 companies are included in that group. Speaking of the top 10, it’s time to review the companies that topped this year’s Global 100 List for revenue achievements in 2020!
- AMWAY—Holding the top spot for the eighth consecutive year with $8.5B in revenue and $100M in growth.
2. Natura & Co./AVON—Reporting $7.16B in revenue.
3. Herbalife—Growing $600M this year with revenue of $5.5B. A 2020 Bravo International Growth Award Winner.
4. Vorwerk—With growth of $250M and $4.48B in revenue.
5. Coway—Posting $2.8B in revenue with $210M in growth.
6. Nu Skin—Growing $100M from 2019 to 2020 with $2.5B in growth.
7. Young Living—Posting $2.2B in revenue and grew $400M (tie).
7. Primerica—With $2.2B in revenue and $200M in growth (tie).
9. eXp Realty—Posting $1.8B in revenue and $820M in growth. A 2020 Bravo Growth Award Winner.
10. PM-International—With growth of $600M and $1.71B in revenue. A 2020 Bravo International Growth Award Winner.
11. Tupperware—Posting $1.7B in revenue.
12. Atomy—Reporting $1.48B in revenue.
13. Oriflame—With $1.38B in revenue.
14. USANA—Posting $1.35B in revenue.
15. Ambit Energy—Reporting $1.12B in revenue.
16. Telecom Plus—With $1.09B in revenue.
17. Pola—Posting $969M in revenue.
18. Optavia—Reporting $935M in revenue.
19. Scentsy—With $893M in revenue and a $421M revenue increase from 2019 to 2020.
20. Beachbody—Posting $880M in revenue (tie).
20. Belcorp—Reporting $880M in revenue (tie).
22. Arbonne—With $847M in revenue.
23. MONAT—Posting $804M in revenue.
24. Color Street—Reporting $597M in revenue, an increase of $377M from 2019 to 2020 for a growth rate of 171%. A 2020 Bravo Growth Award Winner.
25. Omnilife—With $573M in revenue.
26. Yanbal—Posting $536M in revenue.
27. Miki—Reporting $515M in revenue.
28. Plexus Worldwide—With $509M in revenue.
29. New Age—Posting $480M in revenue. New Age acquired ARRIX in 2020.
30. Farmasi—Reporting $447M in revenue, an increase of $197M from 2019 to 2020.
31. Faberlic—With $409M in revenue.
32. New Image—Posting $403M in revenue.
33. Nature’s Sunshine—With $385M in revenue.
34. Prüvit—Reporting $363M in revenue.
35. Hycite—With $341M in revenue.
36. Pure Romance—Posting $312M in revenue (tie).
36. Vestige Marketing—Reporting $312M in revenue (tie).
38. Fordays—With $302M in revenue (tie).
38. Menard—Posting $302M in revenue (tie).
40. New U Life—Reporting $272M in revenue.
41. Pro-Partners—With $269M in revenue.
42. Noevir—Posting $253M in revenue.
43. Naturally Plus—Reporting $234M in revenue.
44. LifeVantage—With $230M in revenue.
45. Immunotec—Posting $220M in revenue.
46. Giffarine—Reporting $208M in revenue.
47. BearCereju—With $196M in revenue.
48. Best World Lifestyle—Posting $195M in revenue (tie).
48. Princess House—Reporting $195M in revenue (tie).
50. Usbourne Bookes and More—With $192M in revenue.
51. KK Assuran—Posting $187M in revenue.
52. Asea—Reporting $178M in revenue.
53. Xyngular—With $171M in revenue.
54. Mannatech—Posting $1563M in revenue.
55. Maruko—Reporting $148M in revenue.
56. Charle—With $146M in revenue.
57.* Zinzino—Reporting $135M in revenue.
57. Diana—Posting $134M in revenue.
58. APL-Go—With $125M in revenue.
59. Youngevity—Reporting $121M in revenue.
60. Nefful—With $117M in revenue.
61. LimeLife by Alcone—Posting $113M in revenue.
62. Naris—Reporting $111M in revenue.
63. InCruises—With $107M in revenue.
64. C’Bon Cosmetics—Posting $104M in revenue.
*Zinzino was omitted from the original list in error. While we are not renumbering the list presented on April 19, 2021, we are showing Zinzino at #57.
Congratulations again to all the companies who were recognized.
The Bravo Awards
Each year the Bravo Awards panel recognizes companies for outstanding achievement and excellence in areas of leadership and the highest percentage of revenue growth year-over-year.
This year’s Global Celebration included more Bravo Awards than ever before—including some debut categories.
The Bravo Leadership Award is the only Bravo Award given to an individual, this award recognizes outstanding achievement and exceptional leadership of a direct selling executive, both at the corporate and field level.
This year’s recipient—Kevin Guest, Chairman & CEO of USANA Health Sciences, has played an integral role in his company’s success and growth over the course of over 25 years. Currently, as CEO, he provides strong strategic direction to the global management team and visionary leadership to hundreds of thousands of Distributors and employees worldwide. His emphasis on product development, strategic marketing and customer service has resulted in creating a global, billion-dollar company.
The prestigious Bravo Growth Award celebrates the domestic-based direct selling companies with the highest year-over-year revenue growth and percentage growth. This year, DSN recognized two winners.
Color Street was the first recipient. This creative beauty brand is a repeat Bravo Growth Award winner and saw sales increase from $119M in 2018 to $220M in 2019 to $597M in 2020—that’s 171 percent year-over-year growth! Congratulations to Fa Park and everyone at Color Street!
Our second Bravo U.S. Growth Award winner was eXp Realty. eXp is an innovative real estate brokerage with a compensation plan that mimics the incentives and structure of direct selling. This publicly traded company grew $800M from 2019 to 2020. Congratulations to Glenn Sanford and the entire eXp organization!
The Bravo International Growth Award honors the international companies with the highest revenue growth year-over-year. This year, DSN honored two companies.
The first International Growth Award went to Herbalife. The company saw an amazing $600M year-over-year revenue increase from $4.9B in 2019 to $5.5B in 2020. We congratulate John Agwunobi, Chairman and CEO, Herbalife Nutrition and the Herbalife family.
The second International Growth Award recipient went to PM-International, a leading global health, fitness and beauty brand. They increased $600M from $1.11B in sales in 2019 to a staggering $1.71B in 2020. Congratulations to Rolf Sorg and the team at PM-International.
Debuting this year, the Bravo Global Good Award honors companies that take a proactive approach to environmental, philanthropic and social responsibility issues. This award honors companies that show a commitment to the earth and its citizens.
DSN presented the first-ever Bravo Global Good Award to Nu Skin. They were chosen for their humanitarian efforts in support of children around the globe as well as their ongoing sustainability initiatives designed to reduce their overall carbon footprint. Thank you, Nu Skin, for your commitment to making the world a better place!
Experts. Titans. Role Models. LEGENDS!
At this year’s Celebration DSN recognized six industry legends, each with more than 50 years of experience in the channel—they have seen (and accomplished) it all! And they shared all their knowledge, insights and hopes for the future in a series of exclusive videos produced by Direct Selling News and hosted by Legends honoree John Fleming.
The Founder and Chairman of NeoLife International, Jerry started his career in direct selling at the age of 19. Within eight years, Jerry was worth $5 million—way back in 1963! Jerry is passionate about helping others cultivate success and is an accomplished entrepreneur.
Avon and Direct Selling News
A member of the Direct Selling Association’s Hall of Fame and the Direct Selling Education Foundation’s Circle of Honor, John is also the very first recipient of the DSN Bravo Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mannatech, Wine Shop, Saladmaster and Colesce Couture
Stan co-founded Colony House and Colesce Couture and is a majority shareholder of Wine Shop and a founding partner of Blue Ostrich Winery & Vineyard. Today Stan serves as Chairman of the Board of Mannatech and is the company’s largest individual shareholder.
Avon and Tupperware
Rick is Chairman Emeritus of Tupperware Brands. Philanthropy has been a central focus of his career. Rick has served on the World Economic Forum and as Chairman of the Board for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Xyngular and PUREhaven
Rudy founded Xyngular in 2009 and was instrumental in the acquisition and rebranding of PUREhaven in 2016. The German-born son of a World War II refugee, Rudy is the author of Iron String, The Tumultuous True Story of a Life Affected by War.
Herbalife and PM-International
With more than 50 years of experience in direct selling, Larry Thompson along with his friend, Mark Hughes, laid the foundation for one of the industry’s most iconic brands, Herbalife. Larry continues to be a coach and mentor to direct selling’s leaders.
In-depth articles on each of these Legends will be released in the coming weeks.
The Best Places to Work Awards
For the past six years, DSN has honored direct selling companies where voices are heard and a culture of teamwork thrives with the Best Places to Work Awards. While each organization has its own story, these recipients all feature a common theme of successful employee engagement. At the same time companies are recognized as a place where people truly love to work.
It’s exciting to note that 11 of the 13 have received this award multiple times—a true testament to their corporate cultures and commitment to positivity and inclusion.
- Nu Skin—based in Provo, Utah with over 4,300 full-time employees globally.
- Jeunesse—headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida with 775 corporate employees.
- LifeVantage—based in Sandy, Utah with 195 full-time employees.
- Xyngular—located in Lehi, Utah with 130 full-time employees.
- Plexus Worldwide—based in Scottsdale, Arizona with just over 400 corporate employees.
- USANA—located in Salt Lake City, Utah with 1,919 employees globally.
- MONAT—located in Doral, Florida with 420 full-time employees.
- Scentsy—headquartered in Meridian, Idaho with 1,742 corporate employees.
- MODERE—located in Springville, Utah with 291 corporate employees.
- Noonday Collection—based in Austin, Texas with 37 full-time employees.
- SeneGence—headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California with 250 full-time employees.
- The Happy Co.—based in Plano, Texas with 73 corporate employees.
- Neora—located in Dallas, Texas with 119 full-time employees.
Oh, What a Night!
The DSN Global Celebration is the industry awards event of the year—a night designed to celebrate, inspire and motivate! If you missed the broadcast, you can catch it on replay for a limited time. Congratulations once again to all of the Global Celebration winners and honorees.
The News You Need. The Name You Trust.
The Global Celebration also served as the official launching pad for the newly revamped DSN Website.
Direct Selling News strives to be your daily go-to resource for global news in the world of direct selling. We encourage you to take this opportunity to subscribe to our monthly print or digital publication, a weekly dashboard email sent to your inbox with the essential stories of the week and the new DSN podcast!
We thank the 50+ Partners and Sponsors for helping DSN provide this night of celebration free of charge. And thank you once again to the wonderful Global Celebration hosts: Stuart Johnson, John Fleming and Patricia White!