The AdvoCare® Foundation recently granted $285,000 to 12 organizations across the United States.
The Foundation’s mission is to eradicate childhood obesity and educate children and families about healthy lifestyles. The grants will help to provide the organizations with resources to impact the health, exercise and nutrition for children in their communities.
“The Foundation focuses on the life-destroying epidemic of childhood obesity in an effort to help fulfill our larger mission—helping children live happy and healthy lives,” said Whitney Strauss, executive director of the AdvoCare Foundation. “We are fortunate to have many donors who are committed to our mission and continue to help the Foundation make a lasting impact on children’s lives.”
The 2020 grantees are:
- CHOICES (Atlanta, GA)
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Vetri Community Partnership (Philadelphia, PA)
- Servicios De La Raza (Denver, CO)
- Iowa Healthiest State Initiative (Des Moines, IA)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- The Partnership for a Healthy Mississippi (Flowood, MS)
- The Concilio (Dallas, TX)
- LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mission2Move (Cincinnati, OH)
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Inc. (Memphis, TN)
- YMCA (Dallas, TX)
The AdvoCare Foundation is making a difference in these communities by attacking three main pillars of childhood obesity: daily physical activities, nutritional education and access to adequate food.