Catch up on this week’s industry chatter with these click-worthy links:
- In a wide-ranging interview for The Wall Street Analyzer, Youngevity President and CFO David Briskie shared insights into the company’s growth, from revenue of $22 million in 2011 to pro forma revenue of approximately $165 million in 2015. Youngevity identifies as a hybrid of direct sales and e-commerce, and is currently beta testing a social selling platform set to launch in April. Briskie also discusses key trends in the sector and how the company is positioning itself to make the most of them.
- Alyssa Rapp, Founder of the popular online wine community Bottlenotes Inc., wrote about her experience at Shaklee’s recent annual conference, Shaklee Live. A friend of Shaklee Chairman and CEO Roger Barnett, Rapp shared her main takeaway from the event—“culture matters”—and a few of the ways Shaklee is getting it right.
- Herbalife is celebrating a decade as jersey sponsor of Major League Soccer’s LA Galaxy with a new look for 2016. The club’s primary and secondary jerseys are getting a refresh featuring a new “Herbalife Nutrition” logo, which also will appear on the club’s training gear. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Herbalife signed on as the official nutrition company of the Galaxy in 2005, and then as official jersey and presenting sponsor in 2007. The deal, now extended through 2022, is the longest-running sponsorship in Major League Soccer.
- The Orlando Sentinel reported that Jeunesse Global, headquartered in nearby Heathrow, Florida, is suing its former sales chief, Darren Jensen, for allegedly misappropriating trade secrets and violating a separation agreement with the company. Jensen, now CEO of LifeVantage, has made a formal denial of the claims, saying he did not cause any damages suffered by the company.
- Corporate incentive trips and conventions are good for business, and not just the ones that hold them. As hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of attendees converge upon a city, local businesses reap the benefits as well. In one example, Dubai Business Events (DBE), which hosted an incentive trip for Jeunesse Global in 2015, reported a successful bid for NuSkin’s South East Asia incentive trip in 2017, an event that will bring 14,500 Distributors to the city.