Catch up on this week’s industry chatter with these click-worthy links:
- How does a Swedish cosmetics company make it in Africa? Oriflame Managing Director for East Africa, Piyush Chandra, shared several factors that present a growth opportunity for the brand and other direct selling companies in the region.
- What do Father’s Day and female empowerment have in common? Avon shows us in its Father’s Day ad, which Bustle featured in a round-up of tear-jerking commercials celebrating dads. The ad is an early indicator of what to expect from Avon’s new Beauty for a Purpose brand messaging.
- ViSalus Co-Founder and CEO Ryan Blair has a tip for his fellow leaders: take a hike. The millionaire told Business Insider he regularly invites business associates to hit the trail for morning meetings, paving the way for in-depth, creative conversations.
- AdvoCare is helping basketball dreams come true as the title sponsor of the former Orlando Classic, a college basketball tournament hosted by ESPN Events. The 12-game AdvoCare Invitational will take place on Thanksgiving weekend at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex located at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando.
- Over at Yahoo!, one beauty editor shared her transition to clean beauty products and what she learned from Beautycounter and the brand’s Head of Creative Design, Christy Coleman.