Catch up on this week’s industry chatter with these click-worthy links:
- Pamela Jones Harbour, former FTC commissioner and new compliance chief at Herbalife, consumed the company’s shakes for years before it came under Ackman’s spotlight. A review of Herbalife’s business, plus her own experience, made her willing to stick her neck out at the company.
- Last week, Vivint Solar’s initial public offering raised $330 million, valuing the company at $1.3 billion. Slate shares Vivint’s door-to-door path to becoming the second-largest solar panel installer in the U.S.
- Tyra Banks chats with Fast Company about her new TYRA beauty line, her drive to empower women and learning to delegate.
- Beautycounter is on a mission to change the face of the cosmetics industry. This week the safe skincare company introduced its first color Cosmetics Collection, formulated without the harmful ingredients banished to the company’#8217;s Never List.
- Bloomberg gives an in-depth look at the experiences of Isabel Hernandez, one Hispanic Avon Lady in the Texas border town of McAllen.