Photo: Participants cleaned up litter in a community park in Bristol, England; Australia participants cleaned up plastic and microplastic litter along the coastline.
Isagenix International, the Gilbert-Ariz.-based global health and wellness company, recently united customers and employees during its third annual Global Give Back Day.
“It’s inspiring to see our customers and employees embrace this annual initiative and reflect our company’s core value of contribution,” said Erik Coover, Isagenix senior vice president of Global Field Development and Culture.“
This year’s activities took place in markets Isagenix serves, including the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Colombia, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Among the Global Give Back Day participants were independent distributors who share the company’s health and wellness solutions and members of START, a popular Isagenix affinity group for customers ages 18 to 35 striving to lead extraordinary lives while helping others do the same.
For the special day’s activities in the U.S., employees from the company’s headquarters and START members visited Feed My Starving Children and packed 32,400 meals that will feed 88 children in the Philippines for a year. Isagenix donated to cover the cost of the meals packed. The company also launched a buy one, give one promotion to provide great nutrition to those in need. The 2,777 donated boxes had a retail value of approximately $122,000.
Highlights of Global Give Back Day activities in other Isagenix markets include:
- Australia and New Zealand: Australia participants cleaned up plastic and microplastic litter along the coastline, while crews in New Zealand cleaned up beaches off their local coasts.
- U.K.: Participants cleaned up litter in a community park in Bristol, England.
- Colombia: Participants visited Fundación Proyecto Unión, a foundation that supports homeless, abandoned children who have health issues. Volunteers played with the children and provided donations including books, easels, toys, and clothes.
- Singapore: Participants teamed up with a local nonprofit, Willing Hearts, to prepare, pack, and distribute meals to over 5,000 beneficiaries in the community including the elderly, the disabled, poverty-stricken families, and migrant workers.
- Taiwan and Hong Kong: Corporate teams organized mountain and beach cleanups along with collecting donations for the Make-A-Wish® foundation.
Isagenix customers also engaged in small acts of kindness and service on their own, from picking up trash in their neighborhoods with their kids to inviting an elderly couple over for dinner.
“As our Global Give Back Day initiative illustrates, there are many ways to make a difference, whether you serve alongside others or on your own,” Coover said. “I hope this initiative encourages everyone to explore how they can make an impact on the world around them.”