To provide updated estimates of the economic impact of Plexus’ domestic and international business practices, Plexus conducted a study analyzing its operations in Arizona, Mexico, Canada and Australia. The new independent study by the L. Seidman Research Institute at Arizona State University looked at employment, labor income and contributions to GDP.
“Our products, team members, and ambassadors are the foundation of these goals, which is why we are committed to the highest standards of quality,” said Tarl Robinson, CEO and Founder of Plexus. “Thanks to our hardworking leaders and employees, and in a year like no other, Plexus was able to grow and have a real impact on economies at the local, national, and global communities where we operate.”
Highlights of the 2020 economic impact study include:
- $1.15 billion GDP impact on the global economy
- $1.1 billion GDP impact on the U.S. economy
- $128.5 million GDP impact on the state of Arizona
- $791.6 million in U.S. labor income
- 8,593 U.S. jobs supported
- $26.8 million in sales tax revenues to state and local governments, responsible for $59.1 million GDP, 619 jobs, and $41.9 million labor income in the U.S. economy
- Total compensation of distributors in Mexico was $12.4 million, and Plexus’ total economic impact in Mexico in FY2020 was $24.4 million GDP, including 385 jobs
- Total compensation of distributors in Canada was $6.7 million, and Plexus’ total economic impact in Canada in FY2020 was $14.2 million GDP, including 79 jobs
- Total compensation of distributors in Australia was $1.4 million, and Plexus’ total economic impact in Australia in FY2020 was $4.1 million GDP, including 25 jobs
The study found that the state of Arizona is the main beneficiary of Plexus’ direct U.S. operations for total employment, employee compensation and total vendor purchases. In 2020, the company purchased $55.9 million worth of goods or services from private vendors based in Maricopa County (Arizona).
“Every day Arizonans deserve opportunities to build better lives for themselves and their families,” said Senator Kyrsten Sinema. “As Arizona’s senior senator, I’ll continue supporting economic opportunities helping Arizonans grow and thrive at their own direction. I look forward to working with our business leaders and independent business owners as we continue to expand jobs and fuel an economic recovery.”