- Loading stock data...
Provo, Utah-based Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. recently celebrated its 15th annual Force for Good Day by participating in humanitarian projects in more than 20 countries, including local community projects focused on improving the lives of tens of thousands of children.
At Nu Skin’s global headquarters, more than 1,500 Nu Skin corporate employees teamed up with United Way of Utah County, Provo, Nebo and Alpine School Districts, and Provo Parks and Recreation to paint, clean and beautify eight local elementary schools and six parks throughout Utah County. In keeping with the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation’s mission to help children in need, employees and their family members performed meaningful service for thousands of children.
One of the eight elementary schools that Nu Skin helped to beautify was the Amelia Earhart Elementary School. Nu Skin employees dug out the large playground area and filled it in with fresh wood chips. They also helped to beautify city parks and trailheads to give back to Provo City, neighboring businesses and the Provo community. Employees planted shrubbery, weeded and added wood chips in the neighborhood parks including Memorial Parks, and cleared and built up trails including Rock Canyon Trailhead.
“Since the company’s founding, our mission has been to be a force for good throughout the world,” said Ritch Wood, chief executive officer. “On Force for Good Day we bring employees and sales leaders together to focus on improving the lives of children in the communities where we live and work.”
Global Force for Good Day projects throughout the month of June will include:
- EMEA – Employees throughout EMEA will compete against each other to raise money through different sports activities to support their favorite causes. In addition, employees will donate clothing, toys and food to an orphanage.
- Japan – Employees in Japan will create more than 2,000 stationery sets as part of the Kits for Kids Project and deliver them to the children at elementary schools affected by natural disasters.
- Korea – Korean employees will assemble 2,000 feminine hygiene kits for underprivileged teenage girls.
- Philippines – Employees in the Philippines will assemble and donate 200 school bags filled with school supplies to children in need.
- Greater China – Sales leaders and staff throughout Greater China will collect “Gifts of Love” for children including books, toys and stationery. The gifts will be given to various charity partners who support children in need.
The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation provides grants that improve the lives of children by offering hope for a life free from disease, illiteracy and poverty. It began as a campaign in 1996 and was formally organized as a nonprofit foundation two years later. The Foundation is funded by Nu Skin distributor and employee donations and from 25 cents of the sale of each Nu Skin Epoch product. Nu Skin covers all administrative and overhead costs, allowing for 100 percent of donations to be used for humanitarian and charitable causes. The Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States.