Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) announced third-quarter 2019 revenue of $589.9 million, a 13 percent decline from $675.3 million in 2018.
“We delivered strong profitability, with earnings per share at the high end of our range due to our focus on operational efficiencies,” said Ritch Wood, chief executive officer. “Revenue came in slightly below expectation, primarily due to the challenging regulatory environment in Mainland China, where meeting restrictions continued throughout the quarter. Despite this, our sequential sales leader trends stabilized both in China and globally, and recent product introductions and business incentives drove year-over-year increases in customer acquisition. Our manufacturing segment also continued to perform well, with revenue growing 18 percent this quarter.”
Regionally, revenue was (in thousands):
- Mainland China: $173,974, a 23% decline from $226,645 in 2018
- Americas/Pacific : $83,635, an 11% decrease from $93,580 in 2018
- South Korea: $79,435, a 12% decrease from $89,963 in 2018
- Southeast Asia: $78,963, a 9% decrease from $86,307 in 2018
- Japan: $67,197, a 6% increase from $63,649 in 2018
- Hong Kong/Taiwan: $40,449, a 10% decrease from $44,949 in 2018
- EMEA: $35,742, a 17% decrease from $42,819 in 2018
To read the full Nu Skin Q3 2019 financial report, click here.