It Works! founder Mark Pentecost recently shared his insights in response to the challenges of 2020, and predictions based on trends he has witnessed as a leader in the industry, in hopes that entrepreneurs and business leaders can innovate and thrive in the future.
“Our organizations have been able to stay ahead of the business curve by embracing new trends and technologies as strategic investments before they were a necessity, all while providing back to the community what we have learned and sharing these gains,” said Pentecost.
Pentecost’s insights after analyzing the first quarter of 2021 include an emphasis on:
- E-commerce adaptation—Digital retail has grown exponentially throughout the pandemic and a virtual presence has moved from necessary to critical in order to survive in the new market landscape.
- Creating customer-centric cultures—Customer connection is essential, but doing so with an empathetic tone that takes into account everything customers have been through in the past year and a half is just as important. Catering to their needs while relating to their human experience will accelerate brands tremendously.
- Financial literacy—It Works! is a debt-free business. Right now, it is crucial for new businesses to minimize costs and expenses and budget for the most impactful ROI.
- Going digital—Remote work is here to stay. Design a digital infrastructure that integrates social media, conference calls and virtual work into a streamlined and efficient system that takes employee satisfaction and safety into account.
- Resetting your mindset—Risks are even more challenging right now, so use this time to reinvent yourself, rethink your approach to obstacles and prepare for future action.