Herbalife Nutrition, in partnership with Proactive Sports Performance, announced the opening of a new $8 million elite training facility named Proactive Fueled by Herbalife Nutrition. The 17,000 square foot multi-sport training center is located in Westlake Village, California and is expected to serve a wide variety of professional athletes across sports.
The facility also includes data-driven workout capabilities through advanced equipment and a team of onsite sports performance experts to help athletes track improvement, compare metrics and set performance benchmarks to allow them to continue and improve their skill sets.
“Our investment in this world-class facility, and particularly the performance lab, will give us the opportunity to really understand how our products help to elevate athletic performance and in turn, provide invaluable knowledge to our independent distributors who work with their customers to achieve their own results,” said Samantha Clayton, Herbalife Nutrition Vice President of Sports Performance and Fitness.
Additional highlights within the facility include:
- Altitude Chamber, including a Boost One gravity-reducing treadmill to enhance conditioning while preserving joint health
- BioDex System 4 Pro to measure limb and muscle strength
- BOD POD Body Composition Analysis Chamber to determine body density and body fat percentage
- HP Cosmos Gaitway treadmill, which allows for the highest accuracy of walking and running analysis
- Professional-sized basketball court with in-ground force plate technology, capturing the position of the ball 30 times per second with high-speed cameras to help players improve their accuracy and shooting percentages
- Springbok Analytics to transform MRIs into detailed 3D muscle analysis, preventing potential injury and identifying deficient muscle volume
“Our shared philosophy of combining conditioning with nutrition to create personalized training regimens for our athletes, no matter what level they’re competing in, can now reach new heights through the offerings at this new location,” said Ryan Capretta, Founder at Proactive Sports Performance. “With our indoor turf hill, high end laser technology, motion capture, easy access to customized nutrition, and a pro lounge for recovery–and it’s all under one roof.”
The Herbalife24 fueling station, supervised by sports dieticians and a chef, will also play a role in the facility, providing made-to-order custom food for athletes, as well as access to the Certified for Sport Herbalife24 sports nutrition line.