From the June 2021 issue of Direct Selling News magazine.
Each year, the Direct Selling News team works with companies around the world on the Global 100 Celebration, and it has become our signature research endeavor. The goal from the outset of the project 12 years ago was to foster a greater level of transparency within the direct selling community, in turn supporting its growth as a channel for distributing goods and services while simultaneously promoting entrepreneurship.
Our annual June issue is a collection of the truly inspirational stories and events that shaped the Global Celebration, the Global 100 List and the highlights of the game-changing week of the Direct Selling University. Read the full article highlighting the virtual events of DSU 2021. We are incredibly grateful to the many gracious sponsors who stepped up to make our 12th annual Global 100 Celebration and DSU event a huge success!
Historically, DSN Global 100 had listed 100 companies with annual revenue ranging from $60 million to more than $10 billion. Starting last year, the G100 list took on a new look and criteria, acknowledging 50 companies achieving more than $100 million in annual revenue. The purpose of the G100 list remains the same—to showcase the true impact of this channel on people’s lives as well as the economic impact direct selling companies make on the communities they serve. This year the G100 list grew to 65 companies, with more than $64 billion in revenue combined, an impressive $3 billion in growth.
Each year the Bravo Awards panel recognizes companies for outstanding achievement and excellence in areas of leadership and the highest percentage of revenue growth year-over-year. This year’s Global Celebration included more Bravo Awards than ever before—including some debut categories.
- There were 13 Honorees in the Best Places to Work in Direct Selling.
- Kevin Guest, Chairman and CEO of USANA Health Sciences, received the Bravo Leadership Award, which is the only award that is presented to an individual.
- eXp Realty received the Bravo Growth Award, recognizing growth in a domestic company. eXp grew by $800 million from 2019 to 2020.
- The Bravo Award for percentage of Growth in a domestic company went to Color Street. Color Street achieved 171 percent year-over-year growth.
- This year, we introduced the Bravo International Growth Awards. Two companies were honored. Herbalife and PM-International were selected for each achieving a staggering $600 million in year-over-year growth.
- Debuting this year, we honored Nu Skin with our first Bravo Global Good Award. Nu Skin was selected for its humanitarian efforts in support of children around the globe, as well as its sustainability initiatives.
- We also recognized six industry LEGENDS—Jerry Brassfield, John Fleming, Stan Fredrick, Rick Goings, Rudy Revak and Larry Thompson!
Speaking of our website, I hope you are checking it often, as we release articles daily. We are adding more content, podcast and videos. We endeavor to be the news you need and the name you trust. At Direct Selling News, we endeavor to be a source, resource and thought leader for the entire direct selling channel. So, if you have a suggestion, a need or an inspiration to share, please reach out. We would love to hear from you.
All the best,