Over the last week, several companies hosted their conferences, meetings and annual conventions with record attendance and great impact on local economies.
BusinessWire.com reported that Ambit Energy, No. 1 “Fastest Growing Private Company” on the prestigious Inc. 500 list for 2010 and national retail energy leader, held its 6th Annual Conference, “Ambition 2012: Take Charge.” More than 9,000 Independent Consultants representing 32 states from Alaska to New York filled both the Hilton Anatole and the American Airlines Center over a span of five days starting on August 29.
The article also stated that “This conference created an estimated $10,000,000 in economic impact for the City of Dallas in terms of lodging, transportation, food and entertainment. The company has also recently signed an agreement with the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau to host the annual event in Dallas for the next three years.”
Other notable events this past week included Vollara’s annual convention in Dallas; The Limu Company, which has been experiencing exponential growth hosted their largest group ever in New Orleans; and Mona Vie also electrified its field with marquee speakers like John Maxwell this past weekend.
For years, experts have agreed that meetings and conventions help spark direct sales businesses. Conventions give distributors a chance to connect personally and business-wise, sharing best practices, tips and tools for success. Conventions also help companies further define themselves by launching new products, tools and bonuses.
Ambit used their event to announce new markets, major recognition and some very high profile giveaways:
- Pennsylvania Expansion to include Met Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power for Residential and Small Commercial coming in January 2013
- Illinois Expansion to include Southern Illinois, Ameren Electric, Residential and Small Commercial coming November 2012
- New Market – Chicago Gas – Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas Residential and Small Commercial coming September 2012
- New Market – California – California Gas, Pacific Gas and Electric Gas, Residential and Small Commercial coming September 2012
- Recognized three $5 million earners and twelve $1 million earners
- And multiple door prizes estimated at $100,000, which included: a new Harley Davidson motorcycle, a new Cadillac XTS, multiple iPads and more than $25,000 in cash awards.
To read the entire article about Ambit on BusinessWire.com, please visit: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120906006682/en/Ambit-Energy-Hosts-9000-6th-Annual-Conference