Avon Products Inc.

Avon Announces Support for UN’s LGBTI Standards of Conduct for Business

Avon announced its support for the United Nations Standards of Conduct for Business to tackle discrimination against lesbian, gay, bi, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people. According to the company, expressing support for the UN Standards on LGBTI is a continuation of Avon’s longstanding commitment to social progress and freedom of expression—principles that underpin its business…

Read More

Avon Reports 1% Increase for Q3 2018 Revenue

Avon Products UK HQ

Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) announced its results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. Total reportable segment revenue in reported currency increased 1 percent to $1.4 billion. Adjusted total reportable segment revenue in constant dollars decreased 4 percent on a like-for-like basis. Active representatives and ending representatives, both from reportable segments, declined 5 percent and 6 percent, respectively. “As we said at the…

Read More

James Thompson Named New Avon Chief Beauty & Brand Officer

Avon Products, Inc. recently announced the appointment of as chief beauty and brand officer, effective November 1, 2018. Thompson joins Avon following a 24-year career at Diageo PLC, most recently serving as chief marketing and innovation officer for Diageo North America. At Avon, he will focus on leveraging the strength of Avon’s beauty marketing and innovation to create more agile category teams that will…

Read More

Avon Introduces Personalized Beauty App

The digital tool, built in partnership with Techkon, will deliver diagnostics regardless of ethnicity, skin tone and type using a phone camera and a unique calibration card exclusively available to Avon Representatives. Avon Products, Inc. conducted research into how mathematical-based color theory could be used to predict an individual’s make-up shade and skin-care needs and worked…

Read More

Colin Shenoy Named Avon Vice President of IT Transformation

Colin Shenoy

Avon Products, Inc. recently announced the appointment of Colin Shenoy as vice president for IT Transformation, effective immediately. Shenoy will report to recently appointed Chief Digital and IT Officer Benedetto Conversano as part of the Digital and IT leadership team. His responsibilities will include designing and implementing a new digital and IT organization for Avon, executing a targeted strategy to transform the…

Read More

Avon, Disney Team Up to Find Russia’s Next Top Designer

Avon Russia is teaming up with Disney to create a Fashion Academy where designers compete to take training at the RANEOA School of Design. Budding Russian fashion designers are being offered the opportunity to design their own Disney-inspired fashion collection, which will be sold in Avon brochures in Russia next year. The project offers talented…

Read More

Avon Unveils Pink Light Project

As part of its commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2018, London-based Avon Products Inc. has unveiled its Pink Light Project, a global breast cancer educational campaign in partnership with Cancer Research UK. Avon is mobilizing its six million Representatives around the world, who together create a unique and powerful woman-to-woman communication network, to share educational information…

Read More

Public Direct Sellers: Strong Q2 for Wellness Companies

The stocks of the six publicly traded direct selling companies we follow that are listed in the U.S., Herbalife Nutrition (HLF), Medifast (MED), Nu Skin (NUS), Tupperware (TUP), USANA (USNA) and London-based Avon Products (AVP), on balance continued their strong run in the Q2. Through the first six months of the year, our proprietary Lane…

Read More

Avon Announces Long-Term Growth Strategy

Avon Products, Inc. (AVP) shares rose 1.7% after the company recently announced its new growth strategy and long-term financial targets for 2021. The updated “Open Up Avon” strategy is geared at bringing Avon back on its growth trajectory by focusing on revamping the direct selling business, renovating the brand and boosting e-commerce. The Avon Products,…

Read More

Avon Products Appoints New General Manager to Drive Growth in India

Avon Products recently announced that Dronacharya Chakraborty has been appointed General Manager, India. This is effective immediately. Mr. Chakraborty will report to Global Vice President, Asia Pacific Bill Rahn. Mr. Chakraborty’s appointment is part of Avon’s strategy to drive growth and better capture the vast opportunities in India.  He brings 20 years of experience in…

Read More